Corporate Filings2019-05-22T18:44:41+00:00

Corporate Filing Services provides a number of corporate filing services to help you initially form your business and keep your company in compliance with state jurisdictions. Click on any of the services listed below for more information.

Special Online Offer

  • Registered Agent Service

Incorporations & Formations strongly suggests consulting an attorney to determine which type of entity is most appropriate for your business activities. Once the type of entity structure has been decided, creating a corporation or limited liability company starts by filing your charter documents with the Secretary of State office in your domestic state. The name of the document that is required to be filed may vary in each jurisdiction. For corporations, the initial filing is often called the Articles or Certificate of Incorporation, while the initial filing for a limited liability company is usually referred to as the Articles of Organization or Formation.

Preparing and Filing Charter Documents

The first steps to filing the charter documents are to find the appropriate state form in’s state filing guidelines center and gather the information required by state statute. While it may be beneficial for you to have an attorney prepare the form in accordance with statutory provisions, you may also complete the form on your own or have a corporate legal services provider prepare the form on your behalf. Regardless of who prepares the form, it is your responsibility as the business owner to understand the legal requirements of forming a business entity. Most states require annual filings to keep your company in good standing. Common information required on the initial form is the proposed business name, officer or member information, the principal office address, and the appointment of a registered agent.

Once all necessary forms have been prepared, you will need to file them with the Secretary of State’s office in your company’s domestic state. The best method to file your form is to use a full-service provider that can hand deliver the document to the Secretary of State office. Most states process hand-delivered filings much more quickly than those received through the mail. Service providers that file your documents will pick up the filed copy as soon as it is ready, so that you can know as quickly as possible that you and your company are ready for business. prepares and files incorporation and formation documents for all entity types in every state, every day. We offer nationwide statutory representation and filing services. When it comes to state guidelines and filing requirements, we are the experts that can provide you with knowledgeable help and quick turnaround times.

Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here

Registered Agent Service FAQ

Frequently asked questions about registered agents

Do you offer Mail Forwarding?2019-05-24T19:27:26+00:00

A registered agent is not a mail forwarding service. While a registered agent does forward all of your legal documents and state correspondence, the registered agent address is not for all of your business mail.

We suggest setting up a P.O. Box for any mail that you do not want delivered to your physical address. Keep in mind, that you may still need to provide your physical address for registered agent service, but that information will not be listed publicly.

Can I be my own Registered Agent?2019-05-24T19:34:21+00:00

A registered agent can either be a designated person or a commercial registered agent service provider. You cannot list your company as your company’s registered agent because most states require the name of the person that is designated to receive state and legal documents on behalf of the company.

A drawback to using an employee of the company is that a registered agent must be available daily during regular business hours to accept legal documents. What happens if that employee is on vacation? You may miss important services of process documents and risk having a default judgment against your company – an action that can include expensive fines.

Commercial registered agent providers are always available to accept documents and will ensure that you don’t miss any of your important documents!

Do I Need a Registered Agent?2019-05-24T19:42:04+00:00

All 50 states, the District of Columbia, and even international jurisdictions require a designated registered agent listed on the incorporation or formation documents of a company.

In nearly all cases, you must list a person or a commercial registered agent provider. A few states will act as your registered agent; however, the Secretary of State will still need to know who at your company to forward your service of process and legal documents on to.

Trusted Since 2002

Go to Top